Monday, May 16, 2011

David.

I got to spend some of tonight with my good friend David. He is leaving for his mission in two days. He is going to Thailand and I am so excited for him! He is going to be a great missionary and I can not wait to hear all about his wonderful experiences. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met and the following quotes will mean nothing to anyone else but I just needed to document them.

"being a grown up means going to the Saturday night session of Stake Conference"
"She must have slipped him some love potion from Romilda"
"You better watch out or I will go all Cee-Lo on you"

David is so wonderful and I will miss his hilarious quotes like every day and I will miss just chatting on the phone like we do quite often.  He is such a great guy. Good luck Elder Banta!!!

Tonight I also got to go to another missionary's house,  my good friend Austin's (I have mentioned him before).  I am going to Africa in less than three weeks (there will be a multitude of posts about this coming soon) and his family went to Africa about two years ago and I am dying to hear about their experiences to help calm my nerves.  They were so willing to tell me about everything and I was so grateful to hear from them.  I also got to see some pictures of Austin on his mission and I was so happy about that.

What a lovely day filled with lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment