Friday, April 15, 2011

House.

So I live on campus at the University of Utah in a lovely little house that looks something like this.


It is usually great to live in the house except for the one occasion of Friday afternoons. This is when prospective students do tours and one of the stops on the tour is through our house.  They only go on the main floor so you can normally avoid them if you know they are coming, but I was not so lucky today.

Just as I walked through one of the side doors the tour group came into the room and I had to stand awkwardly while all the students and their parents filed through the room.  There had to be at least 50 of them! They all give you little smiles and you can tell they are picturing their own children happily living in this house in a few years.  I felt like I should have been giving off an impression of being an ideal college student but really all I wanted to do was eat my lunch.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE living in the house.  Everyone is great and it is one of the best ways I could have imagined spending my first year of college.  Sometimes it just has its inconveniences, but it makes for decent stories...at least in my own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment