Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter.

I think that Easter may be my new favorite holiday! First of all, I love being able to focus on the wonderful blessing of the Resurrection of the Savior and the fact that Jesus Christ loved each and every one of us enough to suffer for us so we could return to live with our Him and our Heavenly Father again. Sometimes that fact is too miraculous and awe inspiring for me to accept but on Easter I just seem to have a better grip on it. The first two verses of the hymn "I Stand All Amazed" really sums up my feelings when it says

"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me;
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.
O it is wonderful that He should care for me
  Enough to die for me!
  O it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine;
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify"

I just feel so grateful for everything that has been done for me so that someday I can have eternal life with my family.  Also included in that gratitude is gratitude for the fact that we have a living prophet upon the earth. Today my wonderful friend David spoke in church before her goes on his mission to Thailand (exciting!) While I was at his church meeting President Monson walked into the building.  I am always amazed and excited when I get to see the Prophet in real life.  Hearing his testimony of the Savior was definitely the highlight of my day.  It is amazing to hear a testimony about the Atonement from a special witness of Christ.  I am such a lucky girl that I get to see the Prophet in such close proximity. 

Another reason that I love Easter is because I have a candy obsession lately and Easter means A LOT of candy. It is just lovely. My family did a fun little egg hunt and it is cute to see all the little kids search for eggs. And it is GREAT to have my grandparents home from Hawaii.  We miss them tremendously and always look forward to when they come home, since family gatherings are not complete without them. Easter (and Christmas)  also means I get to eat DELICIOUS eggs goldenrod (aka my favorite meal in the whole world). Easter is just a great holiday and I have developed a new found appreciation for it this year.

Happy Easter!!!

P.S. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints if that was not apparent, and hopefully that explains some of the things mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment