Wednesday, April 20, 2011

College is....

1. Wonderful
       Today for my art history class we went to a lecture by the artist Christo. I thought I had never heard of him but it turns out I have. Him and his wife (jeann-claude) are the brilliant artists responsible for the exhibit of "The Gates" in central park. A few years ago they set up this wonderful project that filled much of central park with these gate sort of things made of orange fabric. They have done tons of other cool stuff but this is probably their most well known project.


I had heard of this project and seen some pictures in the past but I had no idea who the artist was so I was very surprised when I found out I was hearing the artist speak.  He was a very interesting man and it was amazing to be able to hear some of his influences and inspirations for his artwork.  He and his wife completed some of the largest and most memorable exhibits ever.  I am still in awe that I got to listen to and be in the presence of one of the greatest artists of this time! I am so grateful that I have the chance to attend college and especially when I get once in a lifetime chances like this one.

2. Stressful
We only have about a week left of classes before finals and that means that every teacher has decided to assign as many things as they possibly can.  I have so much to do in so little time!! (and yet I am spending like half an hour creating this post...shows where my priorities are) Everyone keeps talking about how we only have like a week left and yes that is true but it is the most stressful week ever!!! And not to mention that after we endure this week of stress we get another week of terrible tests. Now doesn't that sound like a lovely prospect....?

3. Scary
I am just about done with my general requirements to graduate and that means it is time to pick a major. Too bad I have no idea what I want to do with my life or what I would even be good at. The thought of deciding what I will be focusing on for the next three years and most likely working with for the rest of my life is a very daunting idea to me.  Some people are lucky and know exactly what they want to do and I am incredibly jealous of them but I don't even have the slightest idea.  Well I guess I know what I will be thinking about all summer.

Those are my mixed emotions about college not to mention like a hundred other things all going through my mind at once. But to distract myself from all of those thoughts I will just sit and watch this lovely little video from glee last night. Harry Shum Jr. (aka Mike Chang from Glee) is AMAZING and I could watch this over and over again. Not to mention that this is also one of my favorite Jack Johnson songs ever.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment