Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boston!

(In case you couldn't tell, I love to travel and by looking at these last posts I apparently travel quite a bit. But keep in mind that these have been spread across the past year they didn't all happen in succession.)

Last month I went to Boston to stay with my aunt and uncle and their adorable little baby. It was a really great trip.  I had never been to Boston before and I really loved it.  We saw some typical tourist stuff but we mostly just hung out.  It was nice to not have to worry about school/work/any other responsibilities.

We went to Fenway park and walked around it.  It is crazy because it is literally right in the middle of the city. Too bad it was march and there obviously wasn't any baseball, but it was still cool to see such a classic baseball place. 

(I apologize for these pictures, I only had my phone as a camera)

We looked right in the stadium and saw the field
I think this is probably a historic statue,
but I just took the picture to prove I was there.
My favorite day of the whole trip was when we drove through New Hampshire and up to Maine for the day. It only took us like an hour to go through 3 states!!! Being from Utah, you can not even get to one different state when you drive for more than an hour.  It was so weird for me to think how small all the states are in the East. 

We went to a little tiny hot dog place that was literally in a shack.  It was funny because one little old lady works there and they don't really have a menu you just have to know what to order.  We all got "the special". The special has mayonnaise and some sort of relish.  I was a little skeptical, but it was actually really good.  We also went to "Bob's Clam Hut" where we had fried clam bellies.  I really like seafood so I thought they were great.  In Maine they have this really gross soda called Moxie.  It tastes like a mix between Dr. Pepper and Coke.  Definitely not my new favorite soda. Basically we did a lot of eating in Maine.

We also spent one day just walking around Boston and seeing some historical sites.  We kind of followed the freedom trail but we made our own path too.  We saw the grave of Paul Revere which was kind of cool. We also saw the "Make Way for Ducklings" statue.  I haven't read the book in forever but the statue was super cute.  I had to take a picture of it for my little sister since we call her ducky.

This is really only a picture of the mom duck
but there are 8 little ducklings following her and
they are so cute!
Also, being the art nerd that I am we had to go to at least one museum so we went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum.  It was really interesting because it is built in her house which makes for a really interesting way of viewing the museum.  The whole middle of the house has a really nice garden and made for a nice break from the cold Boston weather. 

I had a really good time and I really like Boston and can't wait to go back some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment