Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bittersweet.

I am having a seriously nostalgic day.  I think it is because I went to my good friend David's mission farewell and the last farewell I attended was for one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, Austin.  He is serving his mission in Honduras and he has been gone for about three and a half months. It was much easier to have him gone while he was in the MTC in Provo since it only takes about a day for mail to get there but now that he is in Honduras it takes about 3 weeks to get a letter to him.  Since I sent a letter about 5 weeks ago hopefully I will be getting one back soon because I can't wait much longer to hear from him. Missions are a blessing and a curse. I know he is doing the right thing and he will receive so many blessings from this and help so many people's lives but it is just hard that I will not be able to see him for 2 years. I am also freaking out because two of my other best friends are leaving in 38 days (no I did not count, one of them told me that number today). I will miss them more than I can even express but yet I am still happy for them.  Mission are a very bittersweet thing and today it has been a bit more bitter than sweet but I know that soon enough I will find that sweetness.

Just a super classy picture of me and Austin.
No big deal.

The first picture made him look like a total creep so in this one
he is just super excited about the song we were picking to
karaoke to  on his birthday...I seem a little skeptical...

No comments:

Post a Comment